FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 19, 2020
The Pennsylvania Vegetables E-Cookbook is Set to Release this August
Be a Part of History by Submitting Your Own Content to be Featured
Pennsylvania is a vegetable powerhouse and we must continue to celebrate the people and bounty that make it so. Pennsylvania Vegetables is one way to do just that. This e-cookbook, brought to you by the Pennsylvania Vegetable Marketing & Research Program (PVMRP) aims to feature recipes, messages, videos, tips, instructions, and other interactive content from all walks of the local food chain – farmers, chefs, nutritionists, bloggers, enthusiasts, hobbyists, groups, organizations, kids, consumers, you name it!
Pennsylvania Vegetables will focus on enjoying seasonal goods in and around August, which PA Veggies celebrates annually as PA Produce Month. This collaborative project aims to engage the entire Keystone State, and inspire you to ooze with PA pride, have fun in the kitchen, gather with friends, meet your farmers, and support the businesses and individuals who keep our local vegetable chain alive and well. Yes, that means YOU, too!
You can support this cookbook and the Pennsylvania vegetable industry by requesting a free digital copy (yes, it’s that simple) and by submitting original content of your own to be featured in the final product. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Must be original and include local vegetables but does not have to be exclusively PA vegetables in season, in August. Feel free to submit more than one.
- Preserving/Canning Instructions
- Let us know what you do to ensure enjoyment of PA vegetables all year long. Salsa? Frozen corn? Storage crops?
- Cooking and/or Preparation Tips
- Don’t have a full recipe but you’re a huge fan of, for example, spiralizing zucchini? Let us know how you do it and why you love it!
- Live in PA and simply want to write a message or compile a video proclaiming your love for local? Great! Maybe give your favorite farmer or chef a shoutout?
- Feel Good Stories
- Food connects us all. Do you hold a food-related memory close to your heart? Share it!
- All submissions will be entered in a drawing (one entry per person) where one lucky winner (chosen after the e-cookbook debuts) will be selected as the recipient of a $100 Visa Gift Card.
Your support of this cookbook is a vote for the Pennsylvania vegetable industry. How?
The Pennsylvania Vegetable Marketing and Research Program (PVMRP), also known as PA Veggies (paveggies.org), created this cookbook and operates in the best interest of Pennsylvania vegetable growers by: 1) acting as their brand ambassador toward consumers; 2) funding and overseeing valuable research; 3) offering marketing support to individuals and businesses within the PA vegetable realm.
Ready to contribute?
Can’t stand to miss the release of Pennsylvania Vegetables?
The Pennsylvania Vegetable Marketing and Research Program is a statewide marketing order established by a grower referendum, governed by a grower board and funded by grower assessments. The Program’s sole purpose is to serve the vegetable growers of Pennsylvania by promoting Pennsylvania-grown vegetables and funding practical vegetable production research. Consider liking PA Veggies on Facebook (PAVeggies), following along on Instagram (@PAVeggies), subscribing to our Emails and our YouTube channel, and using #PAVeggies to find and share your homegrown PA happiness experiences.
EDITORS: If you have any questions, please contact Angela ℅ PA Veggies at 484.955.3817 or firstname.lastname@example.org.