FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 25 , 2019
Just Launched: Come Find Local Produce in PA Veggies’ New Statewide Directories
Database Supports Farmers While Servicing Consumers and Wholesale Buyers
Harrisburg, PA – PA Veggies has officially launched 4 New Directories that service farmers, consumers, and wholesale buyers in a way that no directories have before. Each Directory was built as an enhancement of the long-standing listings available at paveggies.org and PA Veggies will continue to improve this valuable resource by adding as many PA farmers and operations as possible. If you’re interested in seeing your farm, community farmers market, farm market, CSA, or produce auction listed, please take a few minutes and submit a request today using this form.
Features of the new directories include:
- A reformatted, digestible layout where business names and additional details are showcased.
- A responsive map with “snapshot” info when a location icon is selected.
- Consumers may now use their location and a specified radius, or a specific county, to search for community farmers market and/or farm markets.
- Wholesale buyers can perform a similar search with the additional ability to filter by a wholesale farmer’s certifications, facilities, crops grown, and acreage per crop.
- CSAs are featured on their own page and include radial location and county filters tied to a responsive map.
- Produce Auctions are showcased on an individual page with a map that pinpoints all 16 locations within the state of Pennsylvania.
Many local produce sources are open year-round in Pennsylvania so this Directory launches at an opportune time when residents and wholesale buyers can identify their options and continue to invest in local agriculture even as the seasons change. Not sure what to do with fall and winter produce? Stay tuned to paveggies.org, and our Facebook and Instagram for tips and ideas. Our friends at PA Preferred have a superb cookbook, and PAEats.com publishes new recipes regularly that showcase PA-focused produce (and more).
The Pennsylvania Vegetable Marketing and Research Program is a statewide marketing order established by a grower referendum, governed by a grower board and funded by grower assessments. The Program’s sole purpose is to serve the vegetable growers of Pennsylvania by promoting Pennsylvania-grown vegetables and funding practical vegetable production research. Consider liking PA Veggies on Facebook (PAVeggies), following along on Instagram (@PAVeggies), subscribing to our Emails and our YouTube channel, and using #PAVeggies to find and share your homegrown PA happiness experiences.
EDITORS: If you have any questions, please contact Angela ℅ PA Veggies at 484.955.3817 or email@example.com.