FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 17, 2020
63+ Recipes, 30+ Guides, Mouthwatering Photography in ‘Pennsylvania Vegetables’
PA Veggies’ Digital Book of Recipes & Resources Now Available
more photos available here for press purposes
Pennsylvania Vegetables is the first of its kind. Never before has a cookbook been created in the state of Pennsylvania in such a collaborative fashion and with a focus on fresh, in-season produce. This book was made possible thanks to so many individuals and brands that have a tremendous amount of passion and respect for the local food community – particularly Pennsylvania vegetables!
The main focus of the digital cookbook rests on enjoying seasonal goods in and around August, which is the month that PA Veggies, along with farmers statewide, celebrates annually as PA Produce Month. Pennsylvania’s Secretary of Agriculture reminds us of this holiday and its importance in his video introduction for the cookbook.
“But this cookbook represents even something more important than the recipes. It represents the collaboration, the spirit, that we absolutely need to bring our food community together. We want something that represents our products, our produce, our season, our farms, and our food and tables. That’s what this cookbook is about. So enjoy it! Enjoy the month of August! Enjoy the produce season here in Pennsylvania. It simply doesn’t get any better than this.”
Some content to look forward to includes:
- Herbed Potato and Green Bean Salad by PA Veggies, with help from Dish Works
- Vegan Cauliflower Hot Wings by Christina Maser of Lancaster County
- Cabbage and Ginger Egg Rolls by Leah Shenot of Shenot Farm and Market in Allegheny County
- Cucumber Lemonade from Samantha Ardry of Ardry Farms in Centre County
- Arugula and Mushroom Salad from Carrie Havranek, author of Tasting Pennsylvania
- Sunshine Salad, and Stuffed Peppers from Be Healthy PA
- Pasta with Saffron Leek and Corn Sauce from Chef Lynn Buono of Feast Your Eyes Catering in Philadelphia
- Oatmeal Almond Cookies with Butternut Squash from Sara Eckert of Healthy Harvest Farm in Centre County
- Photographs by Suzanne Itzko
- An original editorial from Plant-based Chef Char Nolan, that tells the story of Fishtown, Riverwards Produce, HoneyGrow, and more
The list goes on. PA Veggies is truly humbled by the amount and variety of contributions. You must dive in to understand! We hope all contributors, and consumers, are excited to be a part of this unique historical moment.
Ready to start exploring 100+ pages of pure Pennsylvania deliciousness?
> CHECK OUT Pennsylvania Vegetables, a collaborative digital book of recipes & resources.
Access direct PDF files of the digital book:
The Pennsylvania Vegetable Marketing and Research Program is a statewide marketing order established by a grower referendum, governed by a grower board and funded by grower assessments. The Program’s sole purpose is to serve the vegetable growers of Pennsylvania by promoting Pennsylvania-grown vegetables and funding practical vegetable production research. Consider liking PA Veggies on Facebook (PAVeggies), following along on Instagram (@PAVeggies), subscribing to our Emails and our YouTube channel, and using #PAVeggies to find and share your homegrown PA happiness experiences.
EDITORS: Press photos available here. If you have any questions, please contact Angela ℅ PA Veggies at 484.955.3817 or email@example.com.