- 1 Spaghetti Squash- approx. 3 lbs.
- 3 Broccoli Stalks – florets removed
- 2 Carrots – peeled
- 1 slice Onion – thick slice
- 1 Sweet Pepper – red, yellow, or orange, stem and seeds removed
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 1 c. Spaghetti Sauce- more or less to coat
- Herbs – fresh or dried, to taste
- 1/2 c. Italian Blend Cheese – shredded
- 2 pieces Bread – toasted
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place cut side down on plate with a little water. Microwave on high for 11 to 13 minutes, until squash gives when pressed. Let cool slightly. Scoop out flesh with a fork and put into an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish. Discard skin. Place broccoli stalks, carrots, onion, and pepper in food processor to grate. Stir grated veggies and garlic into squash. Stir in spaghetti sauce and herbs. Sprinkle with cheese. Crumble toast on top. Sprinkle with garlic powder, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.
Christina Kiesling, Bethlehem
Finalist – Winter Squash/Pumpkin
2010 Pennsylvania “Simply Delicious, Simply Nutritious” Vegetable Recipe Contest