Recipe by Chef Kristin Butterworth
- 4 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh whole cilantro leaves
- 1 cup Amish feta
- 1 cup jalapeno honey
- Par-cook the potatoes: Place in a pot of salted water and boil until fork-tender; let cool completely before slicing. Slice each potato lengthwise into quarters or eighths depending on size.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or place a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Mix 1 tablespoon salt and cayenne pepper together.
- Brush the potato wedges with the oil and season with salt, cayenne and pepper. Grill until desired grill marks are acquired (including the skin) and just cooked through, about 1½ minutes per side.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of jalapeno honey, crumbled dry feta and cilantro leaves.
Ingredients: Jalapeno Honey
- 2 cups local honey
- 4 jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
Method: Jalapeno Honey
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and place on low heat just until honey is melted. Place in refrigerator overnight before using.
Tip: If you want to try something a little different, substitute ears of fresh Pennsylvania sweet corn for the sweet potatoes. Cut the cobs in half and use them in place of the sweet potatoes as a delicious alternative to this amazing chef-tested recipe.
Photos by Linda Schneider