Download a PDF of the recipe here.
Celebrity Chef & Gourmand World Award Winning Author Maria Liberati is a native Pennsylvanian. She is the author of the award winning book series and blog The Basic Art of Italian Cooking by Maria Liberati™ and the host of The Maria Liberati Show…where food meets art, travel and life! Podcast and ROKU TV show and PBS TV Show Host. Maria is considered one of the foremost experts on Italian culinary arts and frequently does TV and radio cooking segments and interviews all over the world. Her blog is followed by 100,000 worldwide subscribers and social media followers. For more recipes follow Maria at https://www.marialiberati.com, twitter.com/Marialiberati, facebook.com/chefmarialiberati, and instagram.com/marialiberati.
In this recipe, Maria uses fresh PA corn to make a refreshingly bright salad.
Pennsylvania Summer Corn Salad Recipe
Delicious PA Corn
Did I say it already? I love summer and my delicious PA corn! It is the ingredient that makes this dish sweet and adds that bright yellow color! Not to mention that this summer corn salad makes and day refreshing! Either way you make a summer salad, fresh Pennsylvania corn makes a salad not only beautiful to look at but also tempting to eat.
Corn is a Delicious Health Food
According to the USDA, a 90 gr ear of corn contains 80 calories, 17 gr carbohydrates, 3 grams of sugar, only 1 gram fat, 2 grams of dietary fiber and 3 grams of protein.
Cool Off with a Fresh Summer Salad
A quick, easy dish that will keep you cool during the hottest days of summer. All the flavors of the ingredients complement each other and make for a complete and balanced meal! From my upcoming book The Basic Art of Italian Cooking Diaries: Seasons
- ½ cup farro or rice cooked
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 cup fresh PA corn cooked and cut from the cob
- ½ fresh red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of local honey
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor place in ¾ of the blueberries, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Blend and set aside.
- Now layer the salad, divide the salad ingredients into 2 plates. Line bottom of dish with arugula, then place cooked farro or rice, then red onion slices, corn, feta, remaining blueberries. Drizzle blueberry dressing on top. Enjoy!
Recipe reprinted with permission from Art of Living, Prima Media Inc/Maria Liberati, © 2021
Check out Maria’s original recipe and browse more of her recipes on her blog, or download and save a PDF version of the recipe here!