Recipe by Sarah Maser. Submitted originally for Pennsylvania Vegetables: A Collaborative Book of Recipes and Resources (page 41).
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour or 1/3 gluten free flour alternative
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or gluten free bread crumbs
- 8 oz. Christina Maser Co. Jim’s Red Hot Sauce or Golden Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle cauliflower with the 2 tbsp. of oil and flour/gluten free flour alternative. Toss to coat.
- Add the non dairy milk and breadcrumbs. Toss to coat.
- Arrange in one even layer in a baking dish with a little space in between the pieces. For optimal crispiness, don t overcrowd the dish. Use a second dish if necessary.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup oil with hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Carefully remove cauliflower from the oven and toss with oil/hot sauce mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, and dairy free dipping sauce of your choice.