Recipe by Chef Phoebe Canakis
“This vegan Chilled Cantaloupe Soup always surprises folks who would otherwise never enjoy it because of the cantaloupe,” Phoebe explained. “I think it’s one of those flavors you love or don’t. It was always a favorite of my private chef clients and I’ve served it for special events. The secret? Peaches!”
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 4 peaches, washed and pitted, not peeled
- 20 ounces (1 small) cantaloupe, peeled and seeded
- ⅓ cup sweet white or blush wine
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw organic agave
- Powdered cinnamon, to taste
- Puree the fruits and liquids in two batches, using a blender, until smooth.
- Season with cinnamon to personal taste.
- Serve with blueberries, diced cantaloupe or vegan cashew cream (½ cup water blended with ½ cup raw cashews until creamy).
- It is easier to puree the soup in two batches and season with the cinnamon after it is all combined.
- Grape juice can be used as a wine substitute.
Photo by Phoebe Canakis