- 1 c. Cantaloupe – small bite-size pieces
- 1 c. Honeydew – small bite-size pieces
- 1 c. Watermelon – small bite-size pieces
- 1 c. Orange Marmalade
- 8 to 10 Dessert Sponge-Cake Shells or slices of Sponge or Pound Cake
- 1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream – whipped to soft peaks (no extra sugar)
- Mint Sprigs or Edible Flowers – to garnish
Cut melon pieces on a plate to save the juices. Combine the pieces and juices in a large bowl. Add the marmalade and macerate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or overnight. Serve a half cup of the melon pieces and juices over each dessert shell or cake slice. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprig of mint or an edible flower.
Serves 8 to 10
Submitted by Jacqueline McComas, Paoli.
2008 Pennsylvania “Simply Delicious, Simply Nutritious” Vegetable Recipe Contest