Recipe by Chef Tim Smith
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed, cut to small dice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 large summer squash
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients for the chimichurri sauce together in a medium-sized bowl and let stand one hour before using to meld flavors.
- For the summer squash: cut in half lengthwise and then into 4-inch-long pieces.
- Roll the cut squash in olive oil, and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill squash on a high heat so that they get a nice char.
- Plate the squash with a generous amount of chimichurri sauce spooned over it.