June to February
Shopping and Prep Tips:
Select light green stalks that are smooth along the side.
Celery News and Recipes
Celery can be enjoyed many ways!
- chop and add it to salads.
- enjoy with peanut butter or cream cheese.
- add celery leaves to your salad.
- perfect addition to soups and stews.
For more ideas, check out the Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Celery.
Health experts recommend that the average American should:
- Choose a variety of vegetables each day to get a good mix of vitamins and minerals.
- Eat between 2 and 3 cups of vegetables each day! For more info on what should be on your plate each day, click here.
- Strive to eat from five different groups of vegetables each week - dark green (3 cups), orange (2 cups), legumes (3 cups), starchy vegetables (3-6 cups) and other vegetables (6-7 cups)
Celery falls under the other vegetables category
and is fat free and very low in calories!
For more nutritional information on the celery, click here.